We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Get easy activities delivered to your inbox that’ll make your kids think you’re a genius for always having a fun activity up your sleeve! Join for FREE!
Playing Bingo at birthday parties is a fun way to entertains your land-loving guests. With the game being mostly images, it’s easy for kids of all ages to play.
Bingo is the perfect party game because it doesn’t require a lot of preparations and is easy-to-play with the kids, whether it’s for a class party or just something fun to do at home.
This printable Mermaid bingo game has a lot of bright, cute, springy images making it perfect for a mermaid-themed or under the sea party.
The game contains 30 different calling cards and 25-space game boards, so it’s suitable for playing both traditional bingo AND blackout bingo! Double the fun!
So go grab some Swedish fish candy, print out the Bingo sets, and get playing!
Free Printable Mermaid Bingo Game
Playing bingo is a great way to introduce children to the concept of playing games because there are few rules and each player has his or her own game board.
Mermaid Bingo is just like regular bingo except instead of calling out numbers, you will call out the names of Mermaid animals and objects.
Supplies Needed for Mermaid Bingo Game
- Cardstock or Copy paper
- Laminating film and laminating machine
- Optional: Cricut Portable Trimmer
- For reusable cards, print on 8.5″ X 11″ heavyweight or card-stock paper (67–110 lb.), depending on your printer.
- For disposable cards, use an inexpensive regular weight paper.
To get instant access to the Free Mermaid Bingo game, enter your name and email into the form below and click the “Get it now!” button.
- Click the “print” button on your computer to view your printer options and setup.
- Select “all” to print a complete set of cards or type in a page range to print fewer cards.
- Enter specific page numbers to print selected cards to replace lost or damaged cards.
- Cut out the mats and then laminate for durability.
How to Play Mermaid Bingo
- Print out the required number of bingo cards (one per player) and one set of calling cards.out a bingo card for each player along with one set of calling cards. Cut out the calling cards using scissors or the Cricut Portable Trimmer and place the cards into a bowl or a basket.
- Pull one card at a time from the bowl/basket and describe the image to the players before showing them the card. For example, “Shark” or “Mermaid sitting on a rock”.
- Cover the corresponding image on the bingo card with a marker (Shells, gems, and Cheerios all make great markers!).
- To win a round of Classic Bingo: a player must cover 5 spaces in a row either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, and shout out “BINGO!” before any of the other players.
To win a round of Blackout Bingo: a player must cover all 25 spaces on their game board and shout out “BINGO!” before any of the other players.
Note: There are 30 calling cards including the Boy with a swimming ring in the middle – this center space can serve as a “free space” and you can allow every player to put a marker over the free space before the game begins or you may draw the card along with the rest of them.
Fun Mermaid Bingo Prizes
While bingo games for adults often offer cash prizes, cash may not be appropriate or realistic for a free children’s bingo game.
The best bingo prize ideas for kids are low-cost toys, such as the kind you could get at a carnival or treats suited to their age groups.
Keeping the prizes gender-neutral and lighthearted ensures the recipients will look forward to the next bingo game.
Fun Bingo Prizes for kids include:
- Snack sized bags or tubes of potato chips
- Small bags of Swedish Fish, Goldfish Crackers, or other fishy treats
- Mermaid tail bath bomb
- Ariel Seashell Lipgloss
- Dessert on a non-dessert night
- Choose the movie on movie night
- Pick the dinner menu
- Get out of doing one chore
- Carnival party favors for kids
Have FUN playing this Mermaid Bingo game!