We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This easy Paper Plate Apple Craft is a fun way to get kids excited for fall. Wheater you make it as a cute back to school craft, to celebrate fall, or to make in the classroom, this is sure to be a fun activity to do with your child.
Apple season is here and that means that it’s time for apple picking, cider, homemade apple pie, and of course, crafting!
Apple season brings lots of opportunities for combining learning and creating fun crafts like this paper plate apple craft. Whether you prefer red or green apples, this is sure to be a fun activity to do with your child.
This paper plate apple craft is perfect when learning that A is for Apple, when you want to make a cute back to school craft, celebrate fall, or to make in the classroom. Kids will adore adding the special touch of the cute little worm sticking out of the apple!
Keep scrolling for all the details on this Paper Plate Apple Craft that are an apple-solutely perfect way to get kids excited for fall!
Apple Jokes To Tell While Crafting:
Tell some jokes to your little one while doing the Paper Plate Apple Craft for an even funnier time together! You couldn’t have “picked” better jokes to tell yourself 😉
Q: What Apple isn’t an Apple?
A: A Pineapple!
Q: What’s worse than finding a worm in your apple?
A: Finding half a worm!
Q: What did the apple pie say after thanksgiving?
A: Good-pie everyone!
Q: What reads and lives in apples?
Q: What is Darth Vader’s favorite fruit?
A: Empire apples!
What You’ll Need for this Paper Plate Apple Craft
How to Make the Paper Plate Apple Craft
This apple craft requires very few supplies that you likely have in your home or classroom.
This craft is also a great way to help kids develop their fine motor skills which leads to good pencil grasp and handwriting.
1. Start by cutting a bite out of the side of the paper plate using scissors.
2. Paint the paper plate red. Then set aside to dry.
3. While they dry, cut out a leaf shape and a worm shape from the green paper.
4. Glue the popsicle stick to the back of the plate as the stem.
5. Glue the leaf to the front of the plate on the side of the popsicle stick stem.
6. Glue the worm to the back of the plate to make it look like it’s coming out of the bite from the apple.
7. Finish your apple craft by drawing a face on the worm using your black marker or add some googly eyes to make the worm funnier looking. That little worm is too cute, isn’t it?!
Your Paper Plate Apple Craft is done! I apple-laud your great work!
Want more fall ideas?
Be sure to check out this fun Apple Stamping Craft for Kids to Make this Autumn and How To Make Nature Paint Brushes For Kids.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN to your Kids Craft or Fall Activities Pinterest board.