We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Get easy activities delivered to your inbox that’ll make your kids think you’re a genius for always having a fun activity up your sleeve! Join for FREE!
Are you ready for a really easy treat you can make for the kids?
Not only are these little Nutter Butter Mummies cute, but they are incredibly easy, too, making hem the perfect treat to make with your kids!
These cookies are made with a store-bought Nutter Butter Cookies and can be made in almost no time!
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party with a bunch of spooky-looking goodies, or just want a fun recipe for an afternoon snack, these Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies are sure to be a hit.
So grab your ingredients and get ready for a fun time in the kitchen!
How to Melt Almond Bark
There are a few different methods to easily melt the White Almond Bark:
1. Melt in Microwave
This is definitely the easiest option.
- Place your almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl. It is important that the bowl be microwave-safe or else it might shatter while cooking.
- Heat the bark for 30 seconds. When the time is up, take the bowl out (be careful, it may be hot), stir the bark, and then put it back in the microwave.
- Continue to microwave for 30 seconds, intervals stirring in between each time. Do this until the chocolate is nice and smooth. Be careful not to microwave longer than 30 seconds at a time because almond bark burns easily.
2. Use a Double Boiler
Using a double boiler to melt almond bark helps to ensure that your chocolate does not burn while you are melting it because you are heating it indirectly through the use of both pans.
- Chop your almond bark into small pieces if it isn’t already in small disks. It is easier to melt almond bark when it has been cut into smaller pieces.
- Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan.
- Place the chocolate in a large glass bowl.
- Set the bowl on top of the saucepan with the boiling water underneath it. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth.
How to Make Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies
- 10 Nutter Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 20 Candy Eyes
- Betty Crocker Cookie Frosting in White
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Start by melting the white chocolate chips, in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat stirring constantly until smooth.
3. Carefully dip the tops of the cookies in the melted chocolate OR use a knife to put the chocolate on the tops of the cookies
4. While they’re still warm place the eyes.
5. Put the cookies on a cooling rack to drip and then move to a sheet of parchment. Allow them to cool completely.
6. Once cooled, snip off the top of the black frosting pouch so the opening is very small and drizzle the frosting back and forth across the cookies to make mummy rags.
7. Repeat with remaining cookies. Let cool to set. Store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3-4 days.
The cookies are ready to be served!
Want more Halloween ideas? Be sure to check out our Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies Recipe that goes perfectly with the Mummy Cookies and this list of scary Halloween Cupcakes for a fun and spooky Halloween celebration.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN to your Halloween Ideas or Halloween Recipes Pinterest board.