We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Get easy activities delivered to your inbox that’ll make your kids think you’re a genius for always having a fun activity up your sleeve! Join for FREE!
First of all, let me start off by clarifying that toys are a good thing!
Play is essential when it comes to a child’s development, so I would never discourage playing with toys, but too much of anything isn’t good. A great way to combat too many toys is to add in some non-toy items or experiences to the gifts.
There are so many different things you can give your child that isn’t toys. From experiences that will stay with them for a lifetime to an educational present that can expand their horizons, a fun practical item that can be used every day, or just about anything that isn’t a toy!
In this post, you’ll find +30 non-toy gift ideas that are going to blow you away!
Popular Non-Toy Gifts for Kids
Here are the top 3 selling non-toy gifts for kids on Amazon. Maybe your child will love them as well!
- Creat a Kids' Dinosaur World - This is a complete set of 10 dinosaur figures,6 trees as well as a compelling Dino park playmat that the kids can build a more realistic Jurassic Dinosaur Park, which will hone their exploring skills, perfectly as educational toys encouraging imagination and creative thinking.
- Realistic Dinosaur Figures - The Dinosaur Toy Set includes Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Achelousaurus, Hadrosaurus, Camarasaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Styracosaurus, Megalosaur in total 10 dinosaurs, which are durable, and made of non-toxic PVC, plus hand-painted make them more realistic. 5.5"-7" dinosaur figures of all types ensure safety for kids, eliminating CHOKING.
- Perfect Educational Toy - OleFun Dinosaur set will spark hours of creative and imaginative play as your children play with legendary creatures from prehistoric times! The playset includes a dinosaur name booklet, giving your child a head start on vocabulary development by having them learn the names of all the different dinosaurs in the Jurassic World!
- Activity Playmat - The dinosaur park rug is made of soft non-woven fabrics texture instead of thin PVC, more durable. The size of mat is 31.5’’x 27.6’’, large enough for 2 to 3 players to spend the quality time together.
- Great Gift Idea - All dinosaurs and trees can be stored in a handy storage case with handle. The high-quality, the great attention to detail and the realistic moves make this dinosaur playset as your top gift choice to a Dino Lover of age 3,4,5 6. It is a perfect gift for holidays, birthday party or festival (Easter, Christmas, Halloween Thanksgiving, New Year).
- 🎄Colorful Bath Bombs With Christmas Toys: Each of VinDox bath bombs comes with a toy on it to further entice kids to get in the tub. Santa Claus, Elk& Snowman, all are great Christmas toys for kids. The colors and fizz are so easy to attract the gaze of kids. Bath time has never been so fun and exciting. Kids will go nuts for them.
- 🎅FUNNY & RELAXING: Have trouble in bathing your child? Our fizzy bath bombs gift set will help you out. Drop the cute bath bombs gift set into the bathtub, during this fragrant bath bomb fizzes, the water will turn soft and creamy. Making bath time more enjoyable than ever for your kids.
- ❄Never Stain Your Bathtub: Cut the plastic wrap with the included tool, fill your bathtub with warm water, drop in the essential oil bath bombs gift set, lie back, and enjoy the bath. VinDox bath bombs gift set leave no residue on your tub or skin after bathing.
- ☃CRUELTY FREE & HUMANE - We will never experiment on animals, we don't have to because nothing toxic or harmful will ever go into our products. We believe in making effective products from fresh organic fruit, the finest essential oils and safe, non toxic ingredients.
- 🎁Best Gift Choice: Each of these bath bombs gift set are well wrapped and exquisitely packed, making it a perfect gift for kids or women. Ideal for Valentine's Day, Mother’s Day, Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, Wedding, and other occasions.
- Everything You Could Ever Need - This giant slime kit for girls and boys comes with over 50 different items! Why give the gift of regular, boring toys when you could have 18 beautifully wacky colors of crystal slime ranging from clear slime, to purple slime, 12 types of glitter, various foam beads, fishbowl beads, plastic fruit slices as well as sparkly sugar paper. Oh, and don't forget the tool kit and straws used to manipulate the slime.
- Brain Booster - Unlike most christmas gifts and kids toys for girls and boys, our slime supplies help unleash your little one's creativity and help them develop their motor skills as well as enhanced hand-eye coordination! Grownups can play too! Arts and crafts for girls and boys have been proven to be some of the best stress relief toys. Don't bother buying stress balls for kids, slime is the best for stress relief!
- Glow in the Dark Slime Kit - Surprise! Our jumbo DIY Slime kits now comes with Glow in the Dark Powder! Mix in a little, mix in a lot, or say "mix I will not!" This slime will glow in an instant! Perfect unicorn slime boys toys and girls toys!
- Great Christmas Gift Idea - Perfect gift toy for the ages of 5 -12 year old boys and girls. Slime Kits make great birthday gifts for 5 to 12 year old girls and boys as well awesome PARTY FAVORS for kids and adults. Whether you're looking for gifts toys for 5 to12 year old boys and girls you'll be surely be a hit with this slime making kit
- Safe and Non Toxic - Made with eco-friendly material, our slime and slime containers are washable, reusable, safe and DO NOT contain borax powder. Quality-tested non-toxic formulas are 100% safe for kids and adults. ASTM certified. Recommended for children 5 and up. Do not eat.
Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids
Instead of buying toys to refill our playroom, here are some ideas of gifts that are not toys we’re considering. These are perfect for Christmas gifts for kids, Easter gifts, Valentine’s Day gifts for kids, or birthday gifts!
If there’s somewhere you go on a regular basis?
Zoo, science museum, children’s museum, YMCA membership, online memberships, subscription boxes, etc. These are particularly great to give as family gifts!
Bonus! A lot of museums participate in a sharing membership. This means that if you belong to one, you get access to hundreds of other ones for free or reduced access.
Classes are a great way to encourage children in their interests and if they learn to play an instrument, you’ve literally gifted them a Christmas gift that lasts a lifetime!
From music lessons to riding and dancing or art – the options are endless!
4. Sporting Equipment
5. Something for their room
Do they need a lamp, alarm clock, mini couch, or a new shelf to display their LEGO creations or favorite books? Many older kids enjoy displaying their LEGO creations on a shelf where younger siblings can’t reach.
Perhaps they’d like an organizing caddy to help keep their hobby supplies under control.
Books are always a great option and reading stimulates the imagination and opens up new worlds for kids in so many different ways.
Early readers also tend to become lifelong learners and get better grades than their peers.
If you want to minimize the clutter of a bookshelf, you can get a bunch of books loaded on a Kindle.
Having a bunch of e-books stored on one device allows kids to have access to their favorite books at all times, making traveling a breeze and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of bringing paperbacks.
Audiobooks are great for all ages and are perfect for quiet time or for keeping siblings occupied when you need to focus your time on your other child.
I recommend downloading Audible which is part of Amazon and is an app on your phone, iPad or Kindle.
Movie tickets, tickets to a play, concert, or sports event are all great gift ideas! Having an event to look forward to makes the days or weeks after Christmas more exciting.
Whether you are going to see a live performance or simply going to the movies, going to an event is a mesmerizing experience!
Activities like mini-golf, bowling, or going to the skating rink are also a fun gift idea!
11. Arts and Crafts Supplies
A gift of art and craft supplies often brings on the imagination, and kids can’t wait to get to work.
Stock up on craft supplies that your little one need or get something fun that they’ve never used before.
I’m sure we’ve all opened up our fair share of socks and underwear on Christmas morning, but clothes can be a welcome gift to the right child.
Make it a point to get something that fits their style and can be worn in many ways.
13. Dress-Up Clothes
Kids love to dress up – my son practically lived in his Spiderman costume between the age of 3-4!
Puzzles are a great gift to give kids and having a puzzle to sit and work on by themselves helps brain development, builds concentration muscles, while practicing fine motor skills, and improve problem-solving skills.
Puzzles are a great activity to keep kids busy, quiet, and engaged indoors. ABC puzzles are great for young kids who are just starting out with puzzles before moving on to different or maybe harder puzzles.
A well-designed game can provide hours of entertainment all together as a family. The right one will get the family sitting down together, the competition flowing and the laughs never-ending.
My son got his first watch when he was 3. And although he didn’t know how to tell time yet, he felt so cool wearing it!
Getting kids a cool watch makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
17. Swoop Bag
This is a huge help for children and parents alike. Great for Legos or sets of small toys that the kids like to play with, the swoop bag makes cleanup and storage so simple.
My kids love getting new shoes, which is great since they go through them so fast!
20. Personalized Stationery
Who doesn’t like having something with their own name on it?
Encourage reading and writing skill development with personalized stationery.
21. Real Tools
Yes, there are play tools, but using the real thing is so much more fun!
Construction Supplies: Give them a box of nails, a hammer, and some scrap wood. Be sure to supervise, but it won’t take long before they pick up this important skill.
Fishing Supplies: Give them high-quality supplies that are easier to use than the cutesy supplies they market to kids. You will have way more fun It’s much more fun if they don’t have to fight the equipment and if you get a telescoping rod, it means the kids can transport their own to the fishing spot and not worry about damaging it.
Camping Supplies: Higher-quality supplies are easier to use and will last them their entire lives, even if they aren’t as “cute” as the play pretend stuff. Having their own sleeping bag can make little ones pretty excited about sleepovers, trips, or camping-out family nights.
Gardening Supplies: Having their own set is so much fun and with real tools, they can actually help out in the garden. Add the tools to a pot with some dirt and seeds, and they can grow something fun right away.
22. Personalized Backpack
Does your child need a new backpack? A personalized backpack makes a great Christmas present that’s not a toy!
Umbrellas are perfect for rainy days outside and your kids will have so much fun being in the rain with their new umbrellas.
Pick out some beddings or bedspread with your kids favorite colors or characters on them for a cozy non-toy gift idea.
Get your kids some cute, new pajamas with their favorite character, or why not give the whole family matching pajamas? This would be so cute!
26. Piggy Bank & Coins
Start teaching kids the important skill of saving money by giving them a piggy bank.
All kids I know absolutely love putting coins into their piggy banks, starting their own savings!
27. Science Experiment
Add in some STEM learning to the gifts with fun science experiments! With kits covering so many different types of experiments, you can find one that interests your child.
28. Fun Socks
No one likes getting socks for Christmas. But fun socks on the other hand are, well, fun! Kids love to express themselves and fun socks are a great way to do that!
Most children like to know what is going on, what day it is, how many days until __. Give them their own calendar so they can plan everything out and keep track on the days.
30. Digital Camera
See the world through your kids’ eyes and watch them thrill in discovery with a camera of their own!
A point-and-shoot is a great to start out developing good photography skills.
31. Photo Album
Create a photo album with pictures of your family members or of your child at special places or a trip.
Or simply give them an empty photo album that they can fill with photos of their own!
Other great non-toy gift ideas are those that encourage them to get exercise and stay active. You can find a lot of fun gift ideas for kids that encourage them to be active here!
Want more gift ideas? Be sure to check out our tutorial 25 Of The Best Fortnite Gifts For Kids Of All Ages and this 20 Of The Most Magical Unicorn Gift Ideas for Kids!
If you enjoyed this collection and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN to your Christmas Gifts or Holiday Ideas board.