All activities should be supervised by an adult. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
These Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids Fairy are going to blow you away! From experiences that will stay with them for a lifetime to an educational present that can expand their horizons, there are PLENTY of ideas to make your child not missing their toys.
First of all, let me start off by clarifying that toys are a good thing!
Play is essential when it comes to a child’s development, so I would never discourage playing with toys, but too much of anything isn’t good. A great way to combat too many toys is to add in some non-toy items or experiences to the gifts.
There are so many different things you can give your child that isn’t toys. From experiences that will stay with them for a lifetime to an educational present that can expand their horizons, a fun practical item that can be used every day, or just about anything that isn’t a toy!
In this post, you’ll find +30 Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids that are going to blow you away!
Popular Non-Toy Gifts for Kids
Here are the top 3 selling non-toy gifts for kids on Amazon. Maybe your child will love them as well!
- 🍭Bright Rainbow Colors - comes with 20 pcs Party favor bags in 8 different colors: red, yellow, hot pink, orange, royal blue, olive green, sky blue and apple green, for kids boys and girls.
- ⭐ Creative Items - Clean and blank designed bags allow you and your children to create your own paintings and drawings, it is helpful to promote children's innovative thoughts.
- 🎁 Lightweight but Strong - Made of durable non-woven fabric, light weight for carrying, strong handles for repeat use.
- 🌸 Occasions - Suitable for kids toddler parties, birthday parties favors, baby shower, Easter eggs hunting, drawing craft class, ect.
- 💌 Perfect Size - Measured 13 x 10.2 x 3.9 inches, large enough to hold a lot of candys, Snacks, little toys and other small gifts, with handles are very convenient for kids to carry things.
- GUD Innovative Super Beads Little Princess Girls Crafts set is FUN and SAFE! Non-Toxic, and Iron free! No mess, No melting, No hot dangerous iron! Just spray the pegboards with water, and the fuse beads stick!
- Gift Set includes: over 1600 fuze beads, 10 pattern designs, 2 puzzle tray boards, 5 key chains, 1 necklace chain, 1 elastic band, 1 spray bottle, 1 plastic remover tool and instructions. Projects are: 2 princess figures, a magnificent castle, a stunning shoe purse and key, and royal jewelry! A crown necklace and earnings!
- Awesome Gift Idea: Perfect Birthday Present or B-Day Party activity project for the children to enjoy hours of Fun Creating with this best indoor toys DIY arts and crafts kit. Great prize for Home, Daycare, Schools and Camps, Christmas Holiday Gift for Kids Ages 4 5 6 7 8 and 9. Easy crafts projects for an Outdoor water Summer Activity, or boys and girls Indoor Arts Project Crafts kit for a rainy day!
- GUD beads can easily be made into keychains (included) unlike Perler beads. Perler beads need a hot iron! If perler beads crack, they cannot be fixed! Our beads can reconnect with just water! Perler beads melt unevenly and get flattened. Perler beads easily fall out of place, and it's hard to continue with Perler Beads another day. Unlike GUD Super water beads! This activity also helps develop motor skills and will boost self confidence and stimulate creativity!
- All GUD products are backed by the manufacturers 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! STEM Experiments lab science sun-catcher prizes window-art sewing kit aquabeads perler beads. Any issue? Just reach out!
- 【More Fun】 6 pack of slime, bring you more fun and more choice. You can get more slime you like once. Each piece of slime is individually packed in a container. It won't stick to the lid, so you can store your slime in the box after playing with to avoid drying up.
- 【No-stick & No-toxic】 The slime is very soft, not messy, and completely free of residue. It is non-irritating and non-toxic to the skin or eyes. This slime kit is completely safe for children and adults. However, it is recommended for children over 6 years old, children 3-5 years old should under supervision.
- 【Stress Relief Toy】 Arts and crafts have proven to be some of the best stress relief toys. Don't buy stress balls for children longer, slimes are the best choice to reduce stress! Also, adults can play too! When you squeeze, twist, smash or use it to make art, you will feel relaxed from the bottom of your heart.
- 【Inspire Children’s Creativity】 Slime kit is the most enjoyable arts and crafts for children. It will show children's imagination by creating different designs, colors and mixtures. Meanwhile, When you play slimes with your children, it will increase your interaction and draw your parent-child relationship closer.
- 【Best Gift】 A wonderful gift for children. Slime is the best DIY gift for kid's slime party and school projects. A simple, non-electronic, and fun pastime game for kids of all ages.
Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids
Instead of buying toys to refill our playroom, here are some ideas of gifts that are not toys we’re considering. These are perfect for Christmas gifts for kids, Easter gifts, Valentine’s Day gifts for kids, or birthday gifts!
1. Memberships & Subscriptions
Is there’s somewhere you go on a regular basis?
Zoo, science museum, children’s museum, YMCA membership, online memberships, subscription boxes, etc. These are particularly great to give as family gifts!
Bonus! A lot of museums participate in a sharing membership. This means that if you belong to one, you get access to hundreds of other ones for free or reduced access.
Subscription boxes make the perfect present for the kids that already have an overflowing playroom – especially this year as “gifting” experiences is harder than ever.
And really, how awesome is it for a child to get mail? It gives them something to look forward to each and every month… it’s the gift that literally keeps giving!
Here are some of my favorite subscription boxes:
Bookroo: Bookroo is a monthly subscription for your kids that helps them fall in love with reading by combining the excitement of opening a gift with the discovery of new treasured books. Click here to check out the deal!
Sensory TheraPLAY Box: Get monthly deliveries of fun and therapeutic sensory items! Boxes are thoughtfully curated with children on the autism spectrum and those with sensory processing needs in mind. Use this link to get the deal.
We Craft Box: We Craft Box is an award-winning monthly kids craft kit delivered to the home for kids ages 3-9. This box is perfect for siblings and comes with a themed story, 4 or more coordinating crafts and easy to follow photo directions. Click here to get help to unplug your family from the screen and connect through creativity!
The Preschool box: Monthly interactive preschool activities to prepare your child for school! Check out the box here.
Our Little Book Club: Help your child develop a passion for reading at a great price! Each month you receive two beautiful age-appropriate hardcover books and an activity book. Check out the deal here.
Toy Box Monthly: The most exciting toy-filled surprise experience for kids 4 to 8! Every month, you’ll discover the latest, greatest, and hard-to-find toys from the brands you love for one low price. Get the box here.
Classes are a great way to encourage children in their interests and if they learn to play an instrument, you’ve literally gifted them a Christmas gift that lasts a lifetime!
From music lessons to riding and dancing or art – the options are endless!
4. Sporting Equipment
5. Something for their room
Do they need a lamp, alarm clock, mini couch, or a new shelf to display their LEGO creations or favorite books? Many older kids enjoy displaying their LEGO creations on a shelf where younger siblings can’t reach.
Perhaps they’d like an organizing caddy to help keep their hobby supplies under control.
Books are always a great option and reading stimulates the imagination and opens up new worlds for kids in so many different ways.
Early readers also tend to become lifelong learners and get better grades than their peers.
If you want to minimize the clutter of a bookshelf, you can get a bunch of books loaded on a Kindle.
Having a bunch of e-books stored on one device allows kids to have access to their favorite books at all times, making traveling a breeze and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of bringing paperbacks.
Audiobooks are great for all ages and are perfect for quiet time or for keeping siblings occupied when you need to focus your time on your other child.
I recommend downloading Audible which is part of Amazon and is an app on your phone, iPad or Kindle.
Movie tickets, tickets to a play, concert, or sports event are all great gift ideas! Having an event to look forward to makes the days or weeks after Christmas more exciting.
Whether you are going to see a live performance or simply going to the movies, going to an event is a mesmerizing experience!
Activities like mini-golf, bowling, or going to the skating rink are also a fun gift idea!
11. Arts and Crafts Supplies
A gift of art and craft supplies often brings on the imagination, and kids can’t wait to get to work.
Stock up on craft supplies that your little one need or get something fun that they’ve never used before.
I’m sure we’ve all opened up our fair share of socks and underwear on Christmas morning, but clothes can be a welcome gift to the right child.
Make it a point to get something that fits their style and can be worn in many ways.
13. Dress-Up Clothes
Kids love to dress up – my son practically lived in his Spiderman costume between the age of 3-4!
Puzzles are a great gift to give kids and having a puzzle to sit and work on by themselves helps brain development, builds concentration muscles, while practicing fine motor skills, and improve problem-solving skills.
Puzzles are a great activity to keep kids busy, quiet, and engaged indoors. ABC puzzles are great for young kids who are just starting out with puzzles before moving on to different or maybe harder puzzles.
A well-designed game can provide hours of entertainment all together as a family. The right one will get the family sitting down together, the competition flowing and the laughs never-ending.
My son got his first watch when he was 3. And although he didn’t know how to tell time yet, he felt so cool wearing it!
Getting kids a cool watch makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
17. Swoop Bag
This is a huge help for children and parents alike. Great for Legos or sets of small toys that the kids like to play with, the swoop bag makes cleanup and storage so simple.
My kids love getting new shoes, which is great since they go through them so fast!
20. Personalized Stationery
Who doesn’t like having something with their own name on it?
Encourage reading and writing skill development with personalized stationery.
21. Real Tools
Yes, there are play tools, but using the real thing is so much more fun!
Construction Supplies: Give them a box of nails, a hammer, and some scrap wood. Be sure to supervise, but it won’t take long before they pick up this important skill.
Fishing Supplies: Give them high-quality supplies that are easier to use than the cutesy supplies they market to kids. You will have way more fun It’s much more fun if they don’t have to fight the equipment and if you get a telescoping rod, it means the kids can transport their own to the fishing spot and not worry about damaging it.
Camping Supplies: Higher-quality supplies are easier to use and will last them their entire lives, even if they aren’t as “cute” as the play pretend stuff. Having their own sleeping bag can make little ones pretty excited about sleepovers, trips, or camping-out family nights.
Gardening Supplies: Having their own set is so much fun and with real tools, they can actually help out in the garden. Add the tools to a pot with some dirt and seeds, and they can grow something fun right away.
22. Personalized Backpack
Does your child need a new backpack? A personalized backpack makes a great Christmas present that’s not a toy!
Umbrellas are perfect for rainy days outside and your kids will have so much fun being in the rain with their new umbrellas.
Pick out some beddings or bedspread with your kid’s favorite colors or characters on them for a cozy non-toy gift idea.
Get your kids some cute, new pajamas with their favorite character, or why not give the whole family matching pajamas? This would be so cute!
26. Piggy Bank & Coins
Start teaching kids the important skill of saving money by giving them a piggy bank.
All kids I know absolutely love putting coins into their piggy banks, starting their own savings!
27. Science Experiment
Add in some STEM learning to the gifts with fun science experiments! With kits covering so many different types of experiments, you can find one that interests your child.
28. Fun Socks
No one likes getting socks for Christmas. But fun socks on the other hand are, well, fun! Kids love to express themselves and fun socks are a great way to do that!
Most children like to know what is going on, what day it is, how many days until __. Give them their own calendar so they can plan everything out and keep track on the days.
30. Digital Camera
See the world through your kids’ eyes and watch them thrill in discovery with a camera of their own!
A point-and-shoot is a great to start out developing good photography skills.
31. Photo Album
Create a photo album with pictures of your family members or of your child at special places or a trip.
Or simply give them an empty photo album that they can fill with photos of their own!
Other great non-toy gift ideas are those that encourage them to get exercise and stay active. You can find a lot of fun gift ideas for kids that encourage them to be active here!
Don’t miss our other gift guides:
- 20+ Personalized Christmas Gifts For Kids
- Top 30 Gift Ideas for Creative Kids Who Love Art
- The Best Play Dough Kits For Every Child’s Interest
- 25 Of The Best Fortnite Gifts For Kids Of All Ages
- 20 Of The Most Magical Unicorn Gift Ideas for Kids
- The Best Indoor Energy Burning Toys For Active Kids
If you enjoyed this collection and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN to your Christmas Gifts or Holiday Ideas board.