All activities should be supervised by an adult. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
How to dye rice for sensory play in three simple steps. Dying rice is quick, easy to do and it’s ready to use the same day!
Have you seen rainbow rice before?
Dyed rice is a lot of fun to play with in a sensory bin, explore and even use for crafts.
It’s really easy to dye rice, it’s mess-free and quick to do. Your little ones will have so much fun digging their hands into the rice!
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar
- Food Coloring
- Put the rice in a zip lock bag or in a container with a lid.
- Add white vinegar to the rice.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the rice.
- Close the bag or put the lid on the container. Shake the rice vigorously for 1-2 minutes.
- Check to see if the rice is evenly coated with the food coloring. Add more food coloring if you want a deeper color.
- Spread the colored rice in even layer on a piece of parchment paper or paper towel. Let dry.
Want more fun play dough ideas? Be sure to check out Easy Apple Play Dough Recipe Without Cream of Tartar and The Best Play Doh Recipe.