We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Get easy activities delivered to your inbox that’ll make your kids think you’re a genius for always having a fun activity up your sleeve! Join for FREE!
One of the more common back to school supplies (other than pencils) for classrooms is hand sanitizer. It is especially convenient when using a sink to washing your hands is not available.
Show some appreciation for only a few bucks with this Hand Sanitizer Teacher Gift idea that you can make in 10 minutes (or less!).
It won’t matter what time of year you give this hand sanitizer teacher gift it will be appreciated. School staff always need hand sanitizer and the printable tag makes this gift quick and easy.
Make sure you don’t miss this alcohol-based hand sanitizer with a free Hands Down You’re the Best printable tag!
Why Give Teachers Gifts?
Teachers are with our children for more waking hours each day than we are most of the time. Most of the teachers I have talked to over the years have indicated that they like to get practical and useful gifts.
Most Americans said they didn’t give gifts or tips to teachers for the holidays in 2013, according to a Consumer Reports survey. The teachers Quartz spoke to said they don’t expect holiday gifts from students, though they appreciate the gesture.
How to Make Hand Sanitizer Teacher Gift
To make a hand sanitizer teacher gift, you can either buy hand sanitizers from the store or make it yourself.
Option 1 – Supplies Needed for Hand Sanitizer Teacher Gift
- Bottle of hand sanitizer
- Printable gift tag
Option 2 – Supplies Needed for Homemade Hand Sanitizer Teacher Gift
- Bowl and spoon
- Printable gift tag
- ¼ cup alcohol
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
How to Make Hand Sanitizer
Nothing could be easier! Simply mix the ingredients together and then use the funnel to pour them into the bottle. Screw the pump back onto the bottle and you’re ready to go.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the alcohol, aloe vera gel, and essential oils until well combined.
2. Pour mixture into a small jar and place the lid on top.
3. Print the gift tag on heavy card stock and cut out along the outer edge.
4. Punch a hole in the corner of the tag using a hole punch.
5. Thread the ribbon through the hole and attach the card to the top of the bottle of hand sanitizer by tying a bow with the ribbon.
Remember that oils will settle, so ALWAYS give it a little shake before use.
To get instant access to the Free Spread Love not Germs tag, enter your name and email into the form below and click the “Get it now!” button.
- Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space. Wipe down countertops with a diluted bleach solution beforehand.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before making the hand sanitizer.
- To mix, use a clean spoon and whisk. Wash these items thoroughly before using them.
- Make sure the alcohol used for the hand sanitizer is not diluted.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they are well blended.
- Do not touch the mixture with your hands until it is ready for use.
Give this hand sanitizer gift to the teacher on the first day of school or anytime during the school year!