We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Get easy activities delivered to your inbox that’ll make your kids think you’re a genius for always having a fun activity up your sleeve! Join for FREE!
Looking for an awesome art project for the kids to make during a New Year’s Eve celebration?
This glitter fireworks painting is absolutely stunning and is perfect for kids of all ages.
Making a glitter fireworks painting is really easy, but offers so much room for creativity and imagination. Children will love to use glitter and glue to create colorful and vibrant fireworks.
All you need for this craft are two of kids favorite craft supplies – glitter and glue! Put these two messy craft supplies together and you have a sparkly craft worthy of the 4th of July or New Year’s Eve.
Get ready for a night full of fun with this gorgeous and sparkly Fireworks Craft.
How to Make the Glitter Fireworks Painting
This art project is a lot of fun to do with your kids this New Year’s Eve. Since most kids won’t be able to stay awake until midnight, they can create their own night sky full of fireworks.
Like always, our craft tutorial is SUPER simple for both kids of all ages (and adults!) to pull together within a matter of minutes.
Crafting with glitter can be messy, but it’s always fun and it’s a great way to really make your art project sparkle!
Tip: Worried about getting glitter everywhere? Clean up any excess glitter with a small ball of playdough!
What You’ll Need:
1. Start by placing black paper inside the empty box to contain the glitter. Using black paper makes for a cool night sky backdrop for your fireworks, but if you don’t have black paper, you can do this project on any color of paper.
2. Use the glue to create fireworks patterns on the paper. If you’re making this craft with younger kids, you can start by drawing fireworks using a pencil and then having your child trace the fireworks with the glue.
3. After creating each firework, sprinkle a good amount of glitter over the top of the glue until it is completely covered.
4. Carefully lift the paper and shake off the excess glitter into the box.
5. Place the paper back in the box and draw another firework.
Repeat the steps above until the paper is covered with fireworks.
Tip: We like to work one firework at a time in case the children like to make different colors for each firework.
Your glitter fireworks painting is done! Isn’t it gorgeous!?
This Fireworks Salt Painting turned out to be such a fun craft for New Year’s Eve! It was so easy and the kids loved this cool art project. Now we’re going to try salt painting for other crafts and holidays too!
Want more art ideas? Be sure to check out our tutorial How To Make Nature Paint Brushes For Kids and these +20 Fun Painting Ideas for Kids to try.
For more Kids Craft inspiration, make sure to stop by our social pages to see our latest ideas. Join us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
If you enjoyed this post and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN to your New Years Ideas or Kids Art Pinterest board.