We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Get easy activities delivered to your inbox that’ll make your kids think you’re a genius for always having a fun activity up your sleeve! Join for FREE!
Fireworks are exciting, but they’re dangerous and loud and it’s difficult for kids to explore them closely without risking accidents and burns.
Fireworks art for kids is a fun, kid-friendly (and flame-free!) way to explore the color and excitement without the loud noises and danger.
Kids will love painting and creating their own fireworks with toilet paper rolls and display their fireworks artwork on the wall at your New Year’s Eve celebration!
Supplies Needed to Make Fireworks Art for Kids
You only need a few supplies to make this easy Fireworks Art for Kids!
We used black construction paper for this craft to make it look like fireworks on the night sky, just like the ones you see on New Year’s Eve.
Directions to Make Fireworks Art for Kids
1. First, cut slits around the bottom of your toilet paper rolls. You’ll need one toilet paper roll for each color of paint you have.
2. Bend the sides of the roll to fan them out and make a burst stamp.
3. Pour paints onto separate paper plates. Use a paintbrush to spread out the paint.
4. Press the toilet roll stamp into a color of paint and lightly press it onto your paper to make your fireworks outline.
5. Use another stamp and color and stamp on top of your fireworks outline.
Keep stamping to make more fireworks!
Happy New Year!
More Art Ideas for Kids
If you enjoyed this post and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN to your New Year Crafts or New Year’s Eve Ideas Pinterest board.